Covid-19 Update: Reopening
We are very pleased to announce that following the latest government announcement on 23rd June 2020 we are willing, able and DELIGHTED to announce we re-opened the centre on Saturday 4th July 2020.
There are extra measures as a charity, community and family that we need to adhere to ensure all who visit us have a safe and positive experience with the least chance of spreading the virus.
We hope staying at Westwood in times like these won’t feel too different, but before booking, we strongly encourage you to read through the number of changes we’ve had to put in place below…
- It is essential to follow the government guidelines and stay at home and self-isolate if you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). The week before your arrival date we will send out a document for you to complete and return that confirms you do not have any symptoms. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
- Should you develop symptoms during your stay at Westwood, please advise the wardens and make plans to return home immediately.
- If you are shielding under government guidelines, then you will, unfortunately, wait a little while longer to visit us.
- If you have been advised to self-isolate as a new arrival in the United Kingdom, unfortunately, Westwood cannot offer you the space to quarantine.
- We will operate a self-check-in policy, please could you advise the office of your time of arrival so we can ensure staggered times of arrival. (we will email arrival instructions out prior to arrival).
- Wardens will be available via telephone during your stay. Should a warden need to access a flat whilst a guest is present because of an emergency, then the warden on duty will wear a face covering.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be outside the main entrance doors for use on entering and leaving the building.
- We will allocate extra time to ensure each flat undertakes a deep clean between guests. Shared touchpoints such as door handles will also be regularly disinfected.
- To limit potential risk in communal areas i.e. the Sanctuary Meeting Place (SMP), the hall, utility room and the entrance bathroom will not be in use.
- The gardens/grounds will be open, though guests are advised to keep their distance from other guests.
- Our Little Shop (cash-based) will be closed until further noticed, although we have handmade reusable face coverings available to purchase.
- There will be no group bookings or day visitors to the centre until further notice.
- Flats may only be shared by people of the same household unless you have formed a support bubble or they are your carer. We will require contact details for each guest staying. Only guests that have completed our COVID-19 health assessment form and registered their contact details with us as part of the government ‘track and trace’ system can enter the centre/flats.
- There will be various signage around the centre asking guests to please be mindful and to take seriously the 2-metre social distancing rule.
All the above measures and additional ones which may be introduced as we get further guidance are brought for your safety to ensure we can open our doors again and do what we as a community here at Westwood love to do – providing a safe and peaceful experience for you and this is what we will continue to do even if it looks a little different from before. If there are any further changes or amendments to the above before your stay we will contact you to advise.
Please remember, all our guests and team have families at home too – we ask that you keep this in mind as you consider your own families and that of your friends.
Please read the above guidelines carefully and let the office know if you can and would like to book another stay with us. You can contact the office email@example.com or book direct and view availability via our website: https://westwood-centre.org.uk
Should the situation change because of the pandemic and we once again need to close our doors, we would happily give refunds should you require that option. Another option would be to defer your stay again which helps us maintain funds and ensure Westwood is still around to welcome guests again but we completely understand for some guests, a refund may be necessary.
The only thing left to say now to you is the biggest heartfelt thank you to you our amazing guests for your understanding, love and loyalty. You have played a vital part in ensuring Westwood can re-open its doors again and continue to provide this special space for all who visit to enjoy. It is genuinely, deeply appreciated.
Looking forward to hosting you soon,
Jake, Ellie and Nikki (Westwood Wardens)
For more information contact the Westwood office:
01484 845 042 / firstname.lastname@example.org